Friday, January 9, 2009

This blog is no longer just going to be about baseball and, more specifically, the Yankees. I am going to write about whatever piques my interest from now on. This means that, in the end, there will still be baseball posts, because baseball is always piquing my interest. However, I will be writing on other subjects as well. I'm keeping the name the same, as I think The Official Scorer as an image transcends sports, and helps fuel my ego-maniacal desire for my opinion to mean something to the rest of the world. Labeling myself as "official" at least creates the illusion for me, and helps me sleep at night.

This announcement will undoubtedly reverberate through the vast annuls of cyberspace, considering I get an average of about 2-3 page views per day. Really, though, I'm posting more as an archiving measure, so people can look back and see when things at this scattered corner of the Internet changed. In my dream scenario this blog will become: a)constantly updated and b) a hotbed for relevant and thought-provoking discussion of a myriad of things that interest me, so hopefully this shift is a step in that direction.

0 comments: